RAVIOLI WITH SAGE BROWN BUTTER SAUCE AND SPINACH
Get ready for this Sage Brown Butter Ravioli to elevate your next dinner!
I think we can all agree that brown butter is an AMAZING thing. Brown butter is what happens when you cook butter long enough to make the butter solids get all toasty and delicious, but not so long that they burn.
If you haven't made anything with brown butter before you are missing out! Brown butter can be used for baking, cooking, and sauces to elevate your recipe with a nutty-sweet flavour.
Ingredients9 oz. ravioli
1 clove garlic, minced
4 Tbsp butter
4 fresh sage leaves
1/4 lb. fresh spinach
Salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan to sprinkle on top
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil for the ravioli. Once boiling, add the ravioli and cook until tender. Once cooked, set aside 1/4 cup of the cooking water, and drain the ravioli.
2. While the ravioli is cooking, mince the garlic and chop the fresh sage.
3. Add the butter to a large pan and melt it over medium-low heat (stir continuously). Once the butter becomes foamy, add in the garlic. Continue to cook while stirring until the sediment turns a deep golden brown. Once browned, remove the pan from the heat, and stir in the fresh sage.
4. Add the spinach and the 1/4 cup of ravioli water to the pan. Return pan to stove on low heat. Cook until the spinach is wilted. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Last but not least add the ravioli to the pan with the spinach and sage brown butter sauce (toss to coat)
Top Ravioli off with grated Parmesan and cracked pepper!
**NOTE** This sauce could be used on any pasta dish, or even try it on gnocchi.