Posted on December 22 2019
Honey Roasted Thyme Carrots
The perfect vegetable dish to add to any dinner.
Cooked carrots can be boring, so let's spruce them up with these delicious flavours! Roasting vegetables in the oven is one of one the best ways to cook them. These roasted carrots with a honey glaze, caramelize in the oven making them sweet and tender.
This is one of my favourite carrot recipes ever! These simple oven roasted carrots are quick and make a very tasty side dish for any dinner.
Ingredients1 ½ pounds carrots
4 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoons fresh thyme, more for garnish
1/4 teaspoon salt
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line 1-2 baking sheets (depending on size) with parchment paper.
1. Trim the tops and bottoms off the carrots. Peel the carrots, and cut in half lengthwise. Place carrots on baking sheets, using 2 if needed.
2. In a small saucepan, add butter honey and fresh thyme to melt. Once melted stir to combine sauce.
3. Pour 1/2 of the sauce over the carrots, reserve the rest of the sauce for later. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place carrots so that they are laying flat side down.
4. Place the baking sheet or sheets in the oven. Cook 15-20 minutes, until tender and browning. Remove from oven and pour remaining honey butter sauce over carrots. Roast for and additional 5-10 minutes.
5. Garnish with more fresh thyme and serve right away!