Heart Smart Chicken Fajita Salad!
Chicken Fajita Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
Ever heard of a burrito bowl? How about a Fajita bowl? We are taking a traditional Fajita and turning it into a salad! It's quick, simple, and healthy alternative to a fajita with more veggies!
The fresh cilantro lime dressing is made with olive oil which is an unsaturated fat. Unsaturated fats have the ability to lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol! Which is why olive oil is excellent for heart health!
Ready to start cooking?
- 2 Boneless Chicken Breasts seasoned with Fajita spice package
- 1/4 of a Red Pepper, Orange Pepper and Yellow Pepper sliced
- 1/2 of a Red Onion sliced
- 8-10 large Romaine Lettuce leaves
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 2 Tsp Honey
- 1/2 cup Cilantro chopped
InstructionsYields 4 Servings
- Slice chicken in strips, season with spices. In large frying cook chicken about 5-8 minutes. Place in bowl and set aside.
- In the same frying pan add your peppers and onion, cook just until tender, 3-5 minutes. Set aside in bowl.
- Wash the romaine lettuce, chop up, and place in a large bowl.
- Prepare dressing by mixing olive oil, lime juice, honey and cilantro together.
- Add all the ingredients into a large bowl, drizzle in dressing, and toss to mix.